Saturday, January 16, 2010

Penguin Pears

This is a penguin pear.  It looks, to my mommy, like an owl.  But I think it looks like a penguin!  The pears were really yummy.  I was covered in juice by the end.


We got a new cookbook holder, so that our cookbooks don't take up the whole counter!



Measuring the chocolate chips (8 Tbs) to make sure they're just right.



Making the eyes!  I glued the mini chocolate chips to the white chip, using melting chocolate.  That's a lot of chocolate!



Painting the pears with melted chocolate.  I had to be careful not to paint the belly, and not to paint under the wings.



My mommy held the pears while I painted them.



My mommy let me lick her fingers to help clean them up.  MMMM!



To place the eyes on the penguins, I had to push the pointed side of the white chocolate chip into the pear.



Here are my precious penguins!



This guy's name is Tin.  This was Nate's pear.  Nate says, "Yum!"

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Abbie! I am very impressed and hope that you'll come cook for Grandpa & me very soon. Love, Grandma 'Chel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abbie-
    Your blog is totally cool! Thanks for making all of your great food for us. I love you very very much!
    -Daddy

    ReplyDelete