Monday, January 4, 2010

Meal Attempt Number One!

For my first meal, I made Hamburger-on-a-stick, cheese biscuits, and carrot coins.  Here are some pictures of what I did:


I'm washing my hands before I start cooking.


I'm grating yummy cheese for my cheese biscuits.  I had to be super careful not to grate my fingers!


I'm looking at the recipes to know what to do next.


I'm scooping and measuring 1 Cup of flour.


Time to turn on the mixer!  Not too high or the flour will fly out!


I'm rolling the cheese biscuit dough so that I can cut the biscuit shapes out.


I'm using an owl cookie cutter (I love Hedwig!) to cut out my cheese biscuits.


Here are the cheese biscuits!


I'm putting the pepper and spices onto the ground turkey.


This was nasty!  I had to touch it!  I had to shape it and put it on a stick.


I'm mixing the carrots.  I had to stir it until all the water went away.  That's called reducing.


I did it!

Nate liked it.  I liked it.  Mommy liked it.  Daddy liked it.  We were nervous about the hamburger-on-a-stick, but they were really good.  They looked weird because we don't eat stuff like that usually.  But people eat these in middle eastern countries, so we tried them.  We liked them!  I had a lot of fun and can't wait to cook again.

Let me know if you want a recipe and I can put it on here.  Thanks for telling me what you think too.  I love the comments!

8 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that you were able to do all of that, Abbie! Your cousin, Ben, saw the pictures and looked like he would really like the recipe. Could you please post it here?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Abbie! That food looked delicious. I also think cooking is fun.

    We had a great time with you over the holidays!

    Love, Auntie Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I see some angel cheese biscuits in there too. They look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Abbie! You are a great cook! I am Ian's mom, Ian goes to school with Nate. Ian loves to cook too. Can you send me those recepies, I know Ian would love to try and cook dinner for our family too.

    P.S. tell your mom she did a great job putting together your blog!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abbie, this meal sounds fantastic! I think it's a delicious dinner with all of the healthy parts that every family would want to eat.

    The cheesy biscuits look especially good, and I want to try that meat on a stick.

    You are a vibrant girl. Keep up the good cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Abbie! The food looks so good that I want to eat it, too! And nice work on the blog!

    You don't know me but I knew your mom when she was a girl about your age. We would play together, along with Aunt Rachel and Aunt Liz and my sister, too. We had lots of fun together and although we never made Hamburger on a stick I think we made our fair share of mud pies or something similar.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abbie, I LOVE your blog. I can't wait to show Adeline and Ella, too! I am so impressed by the meal that you made, and I can't wait to hear about what you're going to make next!

    ReplyDelete