Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pink Raisin Oat Bars

My mommy had surgery on her back, so I haven't been able to cook.  But now she's starting to get better!  I'm back!

I like holding stuff up in my face.


I had to cover the dish so the bars wouldn't stick.


I got do the cooking spray!  My mommy always worries about the mess I could make on the walls.


Here I am pouring the butter into a giant bowl with the rest of the ingredients.  It is hard to melt the butter without it blowing up in the microwave!


I learned how to hold the bowl while I'm stirring so that the bowl doesn't fly off the counter.  I was stirring so it wouldn't be a giant glob.


I am scraping to measure it fine and flat.


I did it!  Time to dump it!


My mom put too much cinnamon in.  So...


We had to dump it in the sink!


I'm whisking!


I'm dumping in 1 cup of raisins.  I like raisins because they taste so good.  Did you know that raisins are dried grapes?


It was so hard to mix this, with so many ingredients.  It was "stiff."


Time to spread the mix around.  See the oats?

I'm going to put it in the oven!


This was the first time my mommy let me put something in the oven.  I did such a good job!


My sparkly pink, tasty frosting for decorating the oat bars!  My mommy got this for me.


I wrote everyone's initials.  Nate had a friend over after school, so I wrote Ian's initial and made one for his mom too.



Here are the initials I wrote and some drawings too.

These Pink Raisin Oat Bars were the best food I've made yet.  My mommy loved them.  They were soft and chewy, and so good.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Abbie. I'm impressed that you got to put the pan in the oven! Will you do some baking with me when you come to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy!!! I am very impressed you got to spray and put them in the oven all by yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carston read this with me and when he saw the cinnamon in the sink, he said, "Uh-oh." They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abbie! Those bars were so yummie! Thanks for making some for Ian and I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Abbie, those bars look delicious!! I love your blog and can't wait to see what you cook next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job, Abbie! It looks so yummy. I use that same kind of cinnamon when I cook. I love the pink frosting! Love, Auntie Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look great Abbie! I think it's funny that raisins are really grapes, too. One of my favorite things to do with grapes (mostly green ones) is to just put them in a baggie and put them in the freezer. I think they taste great, like ice cream or something, and it's really easy. Maybe you could try it sometime and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really yummy. They make me want to bake something sweet and oatmeal-y, too.

    I like looking at your face through things like the glass pan, because you are really cute and I love your smile.

    ReplyDelete